Wow! It is here again, Earlybell is offering 20% discount to first 20 people on all our courses between 25th to 31st of May, 2019.
Grab this opportunity now!
- Vector Images are resolution independent because they are resizable without loss of quality. Raster images on the other hand are resolution dependent and cannot be sized up or down extensively without degrading the picture quality.
- Vector is defined as a type of graphics in term of 2D point that are connected by lines, curves to form polygons and other shapes, while Bitmap is a graphic type that represents a rectangular grid of pixels, viewable via monitor, paper or other raster display medium.
- The file size of a Vector image is comparatively less than a Bitmap one.
- Vector Images are completely editable where the shapes and colors can be changed, deleted or created using a Vector application (adobe illustrator, corel draw etc) without affecting the picture quality. Bitmap editing applications too exist, but these may be able to edit the raster images up to an extent and not entirely like Vectors.
- Acronym of Vector file are .ps, .ep, .ai, .cdr, .svf, .svg etc. bitmap acronym are .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, .psd and others
- Raster image file formats are not completely beatable though. Photo-realistic images can be represented better using Raster Format photographs. Vectors on the other hand may not appear photo-realistic, though simple objects if recreated carefully can replicate realistic images. Realistic graphics created in Vector images share all the advantages of Vector formats like resolution independence.
- Vector graphics use mathematical formulas to draw lines and curves that can be combined to create an image, whereas Bitmap graphic does not.
- If a photograph can communicate your idea or concept, you should stick to Bitmap images. Logos, Icons, Clipart and abstract images should be purely Vectors. Vectors can be ideal for Logos and Clipart as they may need to be scaled up to fit on something as small as a business card or perhaps on something as big as a billboard.
- It is possible to edit images without reducing the quality in Vector graphic and the reverse is the case of Bitmap graphic.
- In terms of colour, bitmap graphics are best for images that need to have a wide range of color gradations, such as photographs. Vector formats, on the other hand, are better for images that consist of only a few areas of solid color such as logos and type (text). This also means that vectors can't create realistic gradients, and although some vector softwares will allow it, they are actually using raster effects on the vector graphic.
So after all that what we can say is that neither vector or bitmap is a better format than the other but rather that each format has its advantages and disadvantages. The main thing is that once you know what these advantages and disadvantages are you can make an informed decision on which format is the right one for your design project. Vector or Bitmap... It's your choice!
Freelancing is like a breath of fresh of air. It breaks the monotony of the routine schedules and helps us to follow our passion. There is no joy beyond the thrill excitement and satisfaction we attain. Every person is an entrepreneur by birth and we genetically formed them to be one. Education and exposure have urged people to follow their dream. Now people are looking forward to having a career in freelance graphic design because of its benefits. Today, Graphic design is fast growing and highly demanding in the design World. The increased need for the promotional and marketing collaterals has sky rocketed the scope of industries. To work as a freelance graphic designer we must understand the techniques of freelance design. Here are five ways;
- Get Acquitted to Yourself: Being a freelance graphic designer is not by understanding color gradients, tools in Photoshop or other graphic applications. You should also have deep knowledge dealing with the clients fantasies. The first step in the process is realizing one’s strength and weakness. Some people are more inclined towards creativity while others are pragmatics and forwarding thinking in their approach and a few has learned the knack of balancing both. It is always advisable to understand your film point before starting a venture. It is also appreciable to acknowledge them right from day one immediately you make up your mind to work as a graphic design freelancer.
- Your Portfolio is Your Guide: As a graphic designer the first hurdle would be how to keep the business coming and moving progressively. Most of us have the same ideology when it comes to starting new business but keeping record of your past and present work for future prosperity use to be challenging. This is why it is always advisable for graphic design freelancers to always collate their works in a file or package in the form of portfolio. This will also describe their years of experience in the design field. The magical key lies in your hands and the clues lies in your contact file “Portfolio”. Clients will be persuaded to patronize you after goind through your portfolio and others.
- Client Matters: Every successful business depends on the effective relationship you have with your clients. Despite the fact that we have our perception about design and consider ourselves expert in it, the clients’ happiness should always be your priority. This is because clients mostly think they are right and have their self-described opinion of every design terminologies known to man. Fluent communication is the first step for efficient customer service cos’ this brings more referrals to your graphic design business. Avoid unnecessary conflict from inception because it is better to be reliable and productive. Continual apology and excuses do not only reduce patronage of clients but also send them away forever. Though some clients could be funny at times but with maximum patient and understanding you will definitely breakthrough.
- Be the Change: The survival of the fittest defines the evolution, however no rule state that. The most qualified is not always the strongest. The market and the customer trends are constantly evolving on a daily basis .The same logic also applies to the advancement in the field of graphic design. Development and updates in the software industry are quite common. How we keep up with the trends and still maintain our graphic potential is by implementing new idea with the available materials and tools thereby solving tomorrow’s problem today.
- Be the Black Sheep: How do you establish a place for yourself in the high competitive graphic design industries. Every year thousands of freelance designers venture and begin their career in the field. Since graphic design is slightly competitive, you can stay ahead of others in the race by being unique and highly creative in your graphic skill. The World will definitely recognize and recommend you with your style and you could be the black sheep freelance designer among others that clients would always consult for solution in their design problems.
These are the suggested fives ways of making money as a freelance graphic designers. Even the most innovative person in the world could attain the saturated point once he has passion for solving problem with his/her design skill. I also want to make it known to you all that making money as a freelance designer does not happen within a night. It is a gradual process that calls for maximum patient. So enjoy your money while you grow rich in a slow and steady phase.
Despite the fact that Google SketchUp has many important features for creating both interior and exterior structures, most people in the design field are still facing tough time with those complicated 3d software out there. Some of the six reasons why you should use SketchUp for building drawing are listed and explained below;
With the Pencil tool on SketchUp, it is easy and very flexible to draw your designs because it’s designed to behave like an extension of your hand. You can easily spot all the editing tools on the toolbar thus making it easy to use. It is a user-friendly interface and its flexibility saves a lot of time for the user when coming up with designs and models.
- Utilizing the 3D Warehouse
The SketchUp 3D Warehouse is a collection of 3D models in many different categories such as buildings, vehicles, furniture, toys, and many other objects. The collection is completely free for public use and is continually expanding. The database has models contributed by 3D enthusiasts and product manufacturers from all over the world. It is possible to find in the collection famous landmarks, familiar objects, as well as imaginary creations and creative creations. Any person may contribute a model to the 3D Warehouse or create a portfolio of 3D modeling projects by posting examples of work made in SketchUp. The 3D Warehouse links to and works with an existing Google account and users may simply log in to create a space to share 3D models publicly.
- Importing and Exporting
3D models can also be imported or exported. This feature is helpful for collaborating with different users, for example, each user could design an object to be inserted into a room and they could all be imported to create one design in the end. There are also ways of importing and exporting 3d models to and from different design applications. These features are only available in the pro version.
Using SketchUp, it is easy to demonstrate what is meant by coplanar or non-coplanar surfaces. This could also be done without software by simply using a flat surface, like a table or a chalkboard. SketchUp is good for reinforcement since it can be manipulated to view surfaces and solids from any direction. This capability enables the user to view the front, back, top, bottom, and side (left or right) of a solid. The user can also interact with the software quite easily by using the orbit tool. The orbit tool allows the user to rotate and change views of a solid dynamically.
- High quality rendering with Vray
There is a reason why V-Ray has become the industry standard across all sectors that use 3D modeling. No other rendering software or plug-in can achieve a realistic look quite like it. V-Ray creates stunningly clean textures and has a color palette that shows exactly how a model would look in the real world. It adds an air of quality to your end product that no other rendering software can match thereby making Sketchup models very realistic.
- Link actual location of drawings with google earth on SketchUp:
With this feature, you can preview your model in Google Earth, import Google Earth Files (.kmz) into SketchUp, and also add a “geo location” to your model which will bring Google Earth landscape into SketchUp and quickly model from a google earth image.
SketchUp is very viable to use when working on three-dimensional projects for both architectural and interior design. This is because the available tools and feature make work to be easier, faster and conveniently. So go try SketchUp today and come back here to tell me “Thank you” for the information.
Good luck. Click here to learn google sketchup
Autodesk Maya Software is a 3d Animation software that most 3d Artist always anticipates to see their new release/update especially with this widespread of “more than 400 Fixed Bugs”. As a 3D Modeling Artist am always curious to try new release or update on any 3d software especially Autodesk Maya which is the most used and Industry standard for 3d Animation. Ideally, new release or update presupposes bring about new features which are meant to speed up workflow.
On this note, I’ve tried to install all previous Versions of Autodesk Maya Software from 2014 to 2018 and even the Last release, Maya 2019. Exploring Maya 2019 for Comparison with the previous version, I actually come across the following features, although most of the features do not favour Modelling Artist but we cannot shy away from the fact that they are tools to make 3d animation better. The three most important features of Maya 2019 are Fast Maya, Beautiful Working environment and Fast Animations/ Cashed playback. Let explain these in details.
- FAST MAYA
I place “Fast Maya” as number one on the list because is the only general feature that favour all 3d Artist using Maya. It is undiluted fact that Maya 2019 load faster than the previous versions. Maya 2019 have made performance improvements in a lot of areas, making this version faster in several different areas, in ways that more artists will notice in their everyday work, these improvements are listed below:
- Faster loading of scenes that have Metadata
- Faster loading and interaction for scenes with hidden objects
- Faster material and texture load time
- Faster selection performance improvement in Viewport 2.0
- Faster pre-select highlighting on dense meshes
- Faster snapping performance in Viewport 2.0
- BEAUTIFUL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Beautiful Working Environment is another feature in Maya 2019. The newly Added Arnold Viewport give an edge to preview Arnold standard surface shader so that what you see in the viewport is a lot closer to the final result you are going to get from an Arnold render as preview. Waiting for final renders can be time-consuming and creatively frustrating. Illumination (lightings) and reflections are also real-time in Viewport 2.0. Naturally, this makes your working environment a lot better since you can get a good idea of how the content will look straight in the viewport instead of waiting on a preview render.
Surely, it is newly added feature, but prefer to call it Arnold Render update and not Autodesk Maya new features because this can also be found when you install other third-party rendering engine plugins such as Radeon Pro Render and VRay.
- FAST ANIMATION (CACHED PLAYBACK)
This feature is particularly the main reason why I said Maya 2019 is a version targeted to animators. Maya 2019 has this feature called “Cached Playback” which means a new background process that drastically increases the speed of animation playback directly in the viewport.
With this feature, Maya 2019 is said to give animators a more responsive working environment, with higher-quality real-time previews, allowing Animator to produce better animations by increasing playback speeds. Animators are formerly used to the regular way of animating i.e animate a bit, and relax while you wait for a play blast so you can see what your change looks like at your target frame rate. Cached Playback speeds up animation playback so much that you can use playback directly in the viewport to evaluate your animations. This makes play blasting a lot less.
Cached playback is not just a regular geometry cache as Maya continuously evaluating your scene, rigs, and skin bindings in the background and caching each frame into memory. When you hit play, it simply plays back the cached frames from memory, so you get a better frame rate than if Maya needed to calculate it when you hit play. And, it’s doing this intelligently using either Cache Evaluation (CPU Memory) or Hardware Caching (GPU Memory), so it won’t re-cache frames if no changes have effected to the object in your Scene. It is only the ones that have been adjusted or made changes that need to be updated. The upside of this compared to a normal geometry cache is that you can keep working while the cache is happening in the background, so it is much more interactive and there is less waiting time. And also it is better than a Playblast since you can evaluate your animation from any angle or zoom level as it plays back, giving you a much more comprehensive review.
Sweet to hear the concept of Cashed Playback, but the downside of this features is that it require high-end PC (Higher Processor speed, Gear force and enough CPU Memory). Another cons of this feature is that it does not support Smooth Mesh Preview and Dynamics during playback.
In Summary, Maya 2019 Load faster than every other previous version and it can handle project with Dense Mesh better, Metadata, and Fast loading texture. I guess this is due to 400 bugs that were fixed. Maya 2019 has also include Arnold Render viewport which help shading and Texturing with Arnold better in term of creativity, though I prefer to call this Arnold Render update. Lastly is the fact Maya fast animation and Cache Playback which help to speed up playback during Animation using either your CPU or GPU Memory.
I’ll like to rest my pen with the word of AskNK, who said in his “Maya 2019 Review, Reaction and Rants” video for the Modeler, FX Artist, Set Dressing Layout and every other persons that does not Animate in Maya that expectation and anything in the middle, kindly take it as a grain of salt.