Wow! It is here again, Earlybell is offering a 20% discount to the first 20 people on all our courses between the 25th to 31st of May, 2019.
Grab this opportunity now!
- Vector Images are resolution independent because they are resizable without loss of quality. Raster images on the other hand are resolution-dependent and cannot be sized up or down extensively without degrading the picture quality.
- Vector is defined as a type of graphics in terms of the 2D point that is connected by lines, curves to form polygons and other shapes, while Bitmap is a graphic type that represents a rectangular grid of pixels, viewable via monitor, paper, or other raster display medium.
- The file size of a Vector image is comparatively less than a Bitmap one.
- Vector Images are completely editable where the shapes and colors can be changed, deleted, or created using a Vector application (adobe illustrator, Corel draw, etc) without affecting the picture quality. Bitmap editing applications exist, but these may be able to edit the raster images up to an extent and not entirely like Vectors.
- Acronym of Vector file are .ps, .ep, .ai, .cdr, .svf, .svg etc. bitmap acronym are .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, .psd and others
- Raster image file formats are not completely beatable though. Photo-realistic images can be represented better using Raster Format photographs. Vectors, on the other hand, may not appear photo-realistic, though simple objects if recreated carefully can replicate realistic images. Realistic graphics created in Vector images share all the advantages of Vector formats like resolution independence.
- Vector graphics use mathematical formulas to draw lines and curves that can be combined to create an image, whereas Bitmap graphic does not.
- If a photograph can communicate your idea or concept, you should stick to Bitmap images. Logos, Icons, Clipart, and abstract images should be purely Vectors. Vectors can be ideal for Logos and Clipart as they may need to be scaled up to fit on something as small as a business card or perhaps on something as big as a billboard.
- It is possible to edit images without reducing the quality in Vector graphic and the reverse is the case of Bitmap graphic.
- In terms of color, bitmap graphics are best for images that need to have a wide range of color gradations, such as photographs. Vector formats, on the other hand, are better for images that consist of only a few areas of solid color such as logos and type (text). This also means that vectors can't create realistic gradients, and although some vector software will allow it, they are actually using raster effects on the vector graphic.
So after all that what we can say is that neither vector nor bitmap is a better format than the other but rather that each format has its advantages and disadvantages. The main thing is that once you know what these advantages and disadvantages are you can make an informed decision on which format is the right one for your design project. Vector or Bitmap... It's your choice!
Freelancing is like a breath of fresh air. It breaks the monotony of the routine schedules and helps us to follow our passion. There is no joy beyond the thrilling excitement and satisfaction we attain. Every person is an entrepreneur by birth and we genetically formed them to be one. Education and exposure have urged people to follow their dream. Now people are looking forward to having a career in freelance graphic design because of its benefits. Today, Graphic design is fast-growing and highly demanding in the design World. The increased need for promotional and marketing collaterals has skyrocketed the scope of industries. To work as a freelance graphic designer we must understand the techniques of freelance design. Here are five ways;
- Get Acquitted to Yourself: Being a freelance graphic designer is not by understanding color gradients, tools in Photoshop, or other graphic applications. You should also have a deep knowledge of dealing with the client's fantasies. The first step in the process is realizing one’s strengths and weaknesses. Some people are more inclined towards creativity while others are pragmatics and forwarding thinking in their approach and a few have learned the knack of balancing both. It is always advisable to understand your film point before starting a venture. It is also appreciable to acknowledge them right from day one immediately you make up your mind to work as a graphic design freelancer.
- Your Portfolio is Your Guide: As a graphic designer, the first hurdle would be how to keep the business coming and moving progressively. Most of us have the same ideology when it comes to starting a new business but keeping a record of your past and present work for future prosperity use to be challenging. This is why it is always advisable for graphic design freelancers to always collate their works in a file or package in the form of a portfolio. This will also describe their years of experience in the design field. The magical key lies in your hands and the clues lie in your contact file “Portfolio”. Clients will be persuaded to patronize you after going through your portfolio and others.
- Client Matters: Every successful business depends on the effective relationship you have with your clients. Despite the fact that we have our perception about design and consider ourselves expert in it, the clients’ happiness should always be your priority. This is because clients mostly think they are right and have their self-described opinion of every design terminologies known to man. Fluent communication is the first step for efficient customer service cos’ this brings more referrals to your graphic design business. Avoid unnecessary conflict from inception because it is better to be reliable and productive. Continual apologies and excuses do not only reduce the patronage of clients but also send them away forever. Though some clients could be funny at times with maximum patient and understanding you will definitely breakthrough.
- Be the Change: The survival of the fittest defines evolution, however, no rule states that. The most qualified is not always the strongest. Market and customer trends are constantly evolving on a daily basis. The same logic also applies to the advancement in the field of graphic design. Development and updates in the software industry are quite common. How we keep up with the trends and still maintain our graphic potential is by implementing new ideas with the available materials and tools thereby solving tomorrow’s problem today.
- Be the Black Sheep: How do you establish a place for yourself in the highly competitive graphic design industries. Every year thousands of freelance designers venture and begin their careers in the field. Since graphic design is slightly competitive, you can stay ahead of others in the race by being unique and highly creative in your graphic skill. The World will definitely recognize and recommend you with your style and you could be the black sheep freelance designer among others that clients would always consult for solutions in their design problems.
These are the suggested five ways of making money as a freelance graphic designer. Even the most innovative person in the world could attain a saturated point once he has a passion for solving problems with his/her design skill. I also want to make it known to you all that making money as a freelance designer does not happen within a night. It is a gradual process that calls for the maximum patient. So enjoy your money while you grow rich in a slow and steady phase.
Despite the fact that Google SketchUp has many important features for creating both interior and exterior structures, most people in the design field are still facing a tough time with that complicated 3d software out there. Some of the six reasons why you should use SketchUp for building drawing are listed and explained below;
With the Pencil tool on SketchUp, it is easy and very flexible to draw your designs because it’s designed to behave like an extension of your hand. You can easily spot all the editing tools on the toolbar thus making it easy to use. It is a user-friendly interface and its flexibility saves a lot of time for the user when coming up with designs and models.
- Utilizing the 3D Warehouse
The SketchUp 3D Warehouse is a collection of 3D models in many different categories such as buildings, vehicles, furniture, toys, and many other objects. The collection is completely free for public use and is continually expanding. The database has models contributed by 3D enthusiasts and product manufacturers from all over the world. It is possible to find in the collection of famous landmarks, familiar objects, as well as imaginary creations, and creative creations. Any person may contribute a model to the 3D Warehouse or create a portfolio of 3D modeling projects by posting examples of work made in SketchUp. The 3D Warehouse links to and works with an existing Google account and users may simply log in to create a space to share 3D models publicly.
- Importing and Exporting
3D models can also be imported or exported. This feature is helpful for collaborating with different users, for example, each user could design an object to be inserted into a room and they could all be imported to create one design in the end. There are also ways of importing and exporting 3d models to and from different design applications. These features are only available in the pro version.
Using SketchUp, it is easy to demonstrate what is meant by coplanar or non-coplanar surfaces. This could also be done without software by simply using a flat surface, like a table or a chalkboard. SketchUp is good for reinforcement since it can be manipulated to view surfaces and solids from any direction. This capability enables the user to view the front, back, top, bottom, and side (left or right) of a solid. The user can also interact with the software quite easily by using the orbit tool. The orbit tool allows the user to rotate and change views of a solid dynamically.
- High-quality rendering with Vray
There is a reason why V-Ray has become the industry standard across all sectors that use 3D modeling. No other rendering software or plug-in can achieve a realistic look quite like it. V-Ray creates stunningly clean textures and has a color palette that shows exactly how a model would look in the real world. It adds an air of quality to your end product that no other rendering software can match thereby making Sketchup models very realistic.
- Link actual location of drawings with google earth on SketchUp:
With this feature, you can preview your model in Google Earth, import Google Earth Files (.kmz) into SketchUp, and also add a “geolocation” to your model which will bring Google Earth landscape into SketchUp and quickly model from a google earth image.
SketchUp is very viable to use when working on three-dimensional projects for both architectural and interior design. This is because the available tools and features make work to be easier, faster, and convenient. So go try SketchUp today and come back here to tell me “Thank you” for the information.
Good luck. Click here to learn google SketchUp
Autodesk Maya Software is a 3d Animation software that most 3d Artist always anticipates to see their new release/update especially with this widespread of “more than 400 Fixed Bugs”. As a 3D Modeling Artist am always curious to try new release or update on any 3d software especially Autodesk Maya which is the most used and Industry standard for 3d Animation. Ideally, a news release or update presupposes bring about new features that are meant to speed up workflow.
On this note, I’ve tried to install all previous Versions of Autodesk Maya Software from 2014 to 2018 and even the Last release, Maya 2019. Exploring Maya 2019 for Comparison with the previous version, I actually come across the following features, although most of the features do not favor Modelling Artist we cannot shy away from the fact that they are tools to make 3d animation better. The three most important features of Maya 2019 are Fast Maya, Beautiful Working environment, and Fast Animations/ Cashed playback. Let explain these in detail.
- FAST MAYA
I place “Fast Maya” as number one on the list because is the only general feature that favors all 3d Artist using Maya. It is undiluted fact that Maya 2019 load faster than the previous versions. Maya 2019 have made performance improvements in a lot of areas, making this version faster in several different areas, in ways that more artists will notice in their everyday work, these improvements are listed below:
- Faster loading of scenes that have Metadata
- Faster loading and interaction for scenes with hidden objects
- Faster material and texture load time
- Faster selection performance improvement in Viewport 2.0
- Faster pre-select highlighting on dense meshes
- Faster snapping performance in Viewport 2.0
- BEAUTIFUL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Beautiful Working Environment is another feature in Maya 2019. The newly Added Arnold Viewport gives an edge to preview Arnold's standard surface shader so that what you see in the viewport is a lot closer to the final result you are going to get from an Arnold render as a preview. Waiting for final renders can be time-consuming and creatively frustrating. Illumination (lightings) and reflections are also real-time in Viewport 2.0. Naturally, this makes your working environment a lot better since you can get a good idea of how the content will look straight in the viewport instead of waiting on a preview render.
Surely, it is a newly added feature, but prefer to call it Arnold Render update and not Autodesk Maya new features because this can also be found when you install other third-party rendering engine plugins such as Radeon Pro Render and VRay.
- FAST ANIMATION (CACHED PLAYBACK)
This feature is particularly the main reason why I said Maya 2019 is a version targeted to animators. Maya 2019 has this feature called “Cached Playback” which means a new background process that drastically increases the speed of animation playback directly in the viewport.
With this feature, Maya 2019 is said to give animators a more responsive working environment, with higher-quality real-time previews, allowing Animator to produce better animations by increasing playback speeds. Animators are formerly used to the regular way of animating i.e animate a bit, and relax while you wait for a playblast so you can see what your change looks like at your target frame rate. Cached Playback speeds up animation playback so much that you can use playback directly in the viewport to evaluate your animations. This makes play blasting a lot less.
Cached playback is not just a regular geometry cache as Maya continuously evaluating your scene, rigs, and skin bindings in the background and caching each frame into memory. When you hit play, it simply plays back the cached frames from memory, so you get a better frame rate than if Maya needed to calculate it when you hit play. And, it’s doing this intelligently using either Cache Evaluation (CPU Memory) or Hardware Caching (GPU Memory), so it won’t re-cache frames if no changes have affected the object in your Scene. It is only the ones that have been adjusted or made changes that need to be updated. The upside of this compared to a normal geometry cache is that you can keep working while the cache is happening in the background, so it is much more interactive and there is less waiting time. And also it is better than a Playblast since you can evaluate your animation from any angle or zoom level as it plays back, giving you a much more comprehensive review.
Sweet to hear the concept of Cashed Playback, but the downside of these features is that it requires a high-end PC (Higher Processor speed, Gear force, and enough CPU Memory). Another con of this feature is that it does not support Smooth Mesh Preview and Dynamics during playback.
In Summary, Maya 2019 Loads faster than every other previous version and it can handle projects with Dense Mesh better, Metadata, and Fast loading texture. I guess this is due to 400 bugs that were fixed. Maya 2019 has also include Arnold Render viewport which helps shading and Texturing with Arnold better in terms of creativity, though I prefer to call this Arnold Render update. Lastly is the fact Maya fast animation and Cache Playback which help to speed up playback during Animation using either your CPU or GPU Memory?
I’ll like to rest my pen with the word of AskNK, who said in his “Maya 2019 Review, Reaction and Rants” video for the Modeler, FX Artist, Set Dressing Layout, and every other person that does not Animate in Maya that expectation and anything in the middle, kindly take it as a grain of salt.
It’s awesome that you’ve decided to pursue a career in Multimedia, but picking which one is the best for you could be confusing and challenging.
We all have to decide to make the right choices at a point in our lives. Thus, careful consideration and research are one of the best ways to be on the path to success.
This article is meant to absolve you into the scope and processes of the courses in Multimedia, why you should go for it, and what you would be doing and learning.
You should carefully consider these courses so as to make the best decision on your path to having a successful career in Multimedia. Remember that these courses are quite interwoven as the knowledge in one could become relevant in another.
This course would push you to the pool of Film Making. The Entertainment industry needs the services of experts and professionals in creating blockbuster movie or music videos or any form of videos you can think of.
While taking the course, you would be exposed to real-life experiences in the film making industry so as to prepare you for the future. Admittedly it takes time and persistent effort to become proficient, but as you focus on your career, you would keep developing. Also, your mind would be unlocked in using your ideas to scale through and stand out as a professional. Learning cinematography in Lagos Nigeria is a great choice for Nigerian youth.
Video Editors are needed on a large scale in the multimedia industry. As Nigeria is on her path to becoming fully digitalized, the need for skilled video editors would be in higher demand, so it’s imperative to take the bull by the horns now. This course would also provide you with the flexibility to create your own videos and edit them.
You would be exposed to how to edit videos for preproduction and post-production and for live editing. You can click here for video editing training in Lagos.
The world of animation is quite wide, starting from the basic to the advanced. This could make you give up on your dreams of becoming a great animator. But when you have the idea and scope of what you are delving into, it will prepare you for the future
You should choose this course if you want to create amazing characters and structures and if you want to bring your concept or imaginations to life, then animation is for you. You should also consider this course if you would like to create 2D animated videos or explainer videos for brands or companies.
This course would put you on the step by step process of your development in animation over time. You should know that animation takes time and sufficient dedication and practice. An animation is challenging but fun. It’s left to you to take up this challenge
Not to forget the lucrative side, the money accruable could be massive. The future of 3d animation in Lagos Nigeria and all over the world cannot be overemphasized so it’s best to take this opportunity to choose this course.
No brand or company would be known and remembered without the creativity of a Graphic Designer. One common reason a brand survives and the other becomes stale in the minds of its audience is due to a lack of consistent and creative awareness. Hence, the need to employ a professional Graphic Designer is required.
This course would also give you the platform to express your own ideas through images and illustrations. You would be taught how to manipulate pictures, create, and edit pictures in the most professional way possible. Looking for professional graphic design training in Lagos? Click here to learn more.
Visual Effects are required in movies, musical videos, games, and advertisements to recreate realistic and unrealistic effects. The need to have experts and professionals in VFX is highly needed as it is evident in most Nollywood movies and Musical videos where effects that are created are way below standards and disappointing especially if you are a fan of foreign movies. It would be a great improvement to have our own superheroes, cool effects in music videos, and blockbuster Sci-Fi movies with amazing concepts emanating from VFX artists
Every week, new buildings and constructions are created and structured across the country. Also, the need to create edifice and eye dropping structures would be great growth in attracting foreigners to the country.
Not to forget the need to create cost-effective and environmentally friendly structures, taking this course would ensure you contribute your ideas in developing the society both in 2D and 3D. You would be taught how to professionally use industry-based software’s in creating structures by an experienced master in the field. For Autocad training in Lagos. Click here
Break the time with these Awesome offers for the festive period!!
Earlybell is giving out a 30% discount on all our courses.
Click here to get yours
You would definitely get much more exclusive offers than your payment
You can pay 60% on any course(Advance) and pay 40% later
Offer valid till December 31st, 2018.
Call/Whatsapp: 07031141065, 08032496995
LEARN THE BASICS OF STORY
NO STORY – NO MOVIE
I’ve met film producers over the years that don’t even bother to read the script. Unbelievable as this might seem, they are more interested in the deal. A lawyer working for such a producer was so swept away by the complex web of business transactions that he said ‘Let’s shoot the deal!’ Needless to say, the deal was far more interesting than the finished film.
If you want to make it in movies, you need to find or create a script with a great story. Take five minutes out and read this great article on the story.
Don’t be Scared of Poor Market Conditions
There are currently 20 million small businesses in Nigeria with entrepreneurs starting approximately 143,000 new companies each month. While the market fluctuates, there is no reason you can’t create a lasting business, especially considering that recent university research notes that 57 percent of Fortune 100 companies were formed during a recession. Though the Great Recession forced many businesses to close or file bankruptcy, many start-ups were founded, because of a high rise in unemployment.
Make it a Legal Entity
You are going to be running a business, so you need to remember to make a legal entity. There is no special legal structure for a film company, so it might be helpful to get some advice to choose the best legal arrangement. It will also be beneficial to consult with an accountant to maximize your tax deductions. When choosing a name you will want to search and make sure no one has already used it. After finalizing your arrangement, get registered for local taxes and set up a bank account. After all the legal paperwork is done, start creating your website, social media accounts, and YouTube channel so you can collect likes and subscribers.
Find Partners or Team Members Early
You should look for partners and team members while you are in the early stages of building your business, as they can help you avoid being crippled by overhead. You should pay particular attention to hiring people in the back office first, such as finance and production personnel. These people will build the infrastructure of your company and help keep reporting accurate. These jobs are important and will allow you to grow your business faster and hire more creative personnel. The more people you have working for you, the more tasks you can get accomplished and the sooner you can get your company off the ground.
Conduct Market Research
Research shows that the digital universe should reach 40 zettabytes by the end of the decade. With such large amounts of data, businesses will need analysts to help comb through the information. Data analysis can help your company make better business decisions by providing insights and successfully implementing them. Production companies can cover a range of topics and styles of filmmaking. You will need to do some market research to determine the most successful niche for your company preferably an untapped one. Your market analysis should consist of your industry outlook, trends, and information about your target audience, their distinguishing characteristics, and any regulatory restrictions that will affect your business. You will also want to get a competitive analysis that will identify your competition by their market share, strengths, weaknesses, and any secondary competitors that will impact your success.
Write a Business Plan
Your business plan is an essential roadmap for your production company’s success. This document usually projects three to five years ahead and outlines how you plan to grow your revenues. You will also need a solid business plan to present your ideas to potential investors. Your business plan should include a mission statement, a company summary, and what service you are offering. You will also want to describe the target market, financial projections, and the cost of operating.
Starting your own production company can be stressful and will demand your complete focus, but it can also fulfill your professional goals. Those considering following this dream is sure to consider these five insights to help get your production company off the ground as fast as possible.
Learn how to Discover Talent, Your chance to hit pay dirt
A producer’s job is to find and discover talent, read scripts, attend underground music venues, check out fringe theatre, and watch short films at festivals like a Rain dance. When you find a promising playwright, actor, musician, or director, you broker a deal with them and give them money that ties them to your stable of talent for the project you are working on.
Later in life, when that actor, director, or writer makes it huge, they will remember you as the person who discovered them.
Today most aspiring architects, interior designers, modelers, and builders are confused about how to choose the right three-dimensional software to attain the required and expected results. Among these applications, the most common ones are AutoCAD and Revit. While they both have many features in common since they have various tools to create and model both interior and exterior parts of a building, there are many differences that indicate each of them to have their various functionalities and diversities that make the design process easier, faster, and convenient. Some of these differences are;
- AutoCAD is considered best for 2D drawing i.e. where only precise line work is needed, such as architectural plans, elevations, detailed drawings, etc while Revit is considered best for modeling, generating cost schedules, collaboration, and change management.
- AutoCAD as a drafting software, lets you draw precise lines within a virtual space. These lines are meant to represent real things (chairs, tables, and sofas) while Revit utilizes Building Information Modeling (BIM), taking precise models of real things (like chairs, tables, sofas) and placing them around a virtual space. You can view it in two dimensions, but the lines on the paper inherently contain loads of information about the thing they represent. You can make it 3D or 2D with a simple click of the mouse.
- The use of AutoCAD is found among wide industrial areas like Architecture, Building related MEP and Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Aeronautics, Electrical Design, Mapping, Industrial design, etc while Revit software is mainly designed for structural engineers, architects, designers, MEP(Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) Engineers.
- AutoCAD drawings are not interconnected, plans, elevations, or sections are created separately on AutoCAD and also modified separately which affects the speed and timing of the user, while changes made in Revit can have an effect on other systems which automatically changes to accept the new information, therefore when working on a plan, the elevation and section create automatically with accuracy while any modification made on the plan will automatically affect the elevation and section of the drawing.
Choosing software for building modeling depends on individual choices as Mr. A might be flexible using Revit for his design and vice versa. Though it is advisable to have a better understanding of how to use at least two 3D applications to ensure more flexibility. Autocad is very cool for two-dimensional geometric designs like a plan, elevation, section, and others whereas on the other hand Revit is one of the best three-dimensional software for designing house interior and exterior. Knowing both of them lets you easily switch from a 2D AutoCAD plan design to a 3D Revit model. So think of what software works for you most and go install it now. Click here to learn more...
- COMBINING OF COLOURS
Human eyes could see 7 million colors. These show the relevance of color combinations for a graphic designer. You should know about colors, their meanings in cultures, and the impact they could have on the brand. A good graphic designer should know how to combine colors to attract viewers. You sure have the freedom to experiment with colors and see your results.
Colors bring emotion; you wouldn't want to combine irritable colors, it's always best to keep it simple but unique. So get working!
- EXTRACTING IMAGE FROM A BACKGROUND
In creating a presentation or using a certain image, you might decide either you want to use the background or want to extract the image from the background. A graphic designer should know how to go about extracting the image without making viewers zoom in to see the error.
You should also make research on simple and easy tools to use, e.g. magic wand tool in Photoshop is a good one for removing plane backgrounds, etc.
- USING MULTI-APPLICATION
As a graphic designer, you should be able to use multiple applications for graphic designers. This includes understanding the interfaces and tools to use in specific situations, from designing, to producing images, texts, etc, to meet up with set deadlines.
You should also be able to fix little problems within these software’s and seek help via forums, search engines, or ask a skilled artist. Do not forget to take your heels to YouTube!
- USING ARTISTIC TEXTS
Artistic texts can enhance the visual impact of a website. It helps keep your website professional and could stimulate the viewer's interest. A neat, professional, readable artistic text makes you unique.
You should not limit yourself to the fonts available on the software. There are tons of websites where you can download aesthetic fonts, you should check them out. (dafonts.com, 1001fonts.com, fontspace.com)
- GENERATING A CUSTOM BACKGROUND
As a graphic designer, you should be able to customize your background image, this will give you originality and a feeling within yourself that you did it YOURSELF!
- USE OF PEN TOOLS OR SHAPE TOOL
Pen tools and Shape tools can enhance your creativity. It can be used to create numerous shapes and curves with extreme flexibility. Once you have the imagination and how to go about it, you get very sweet results. Remember, practice is very cogent. You can't escape it!
- SAVING DIFFERENT FORMATS
You should be able to save your different designs and texts in a more understandable
Format. Always separate different versions of your designs into different files and formats.
You should know the meaning and purposes of digital image files such as PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, and Raw image files. This will make your work smoother